The Discovery Bull Shark Diving experience is Maroma Adventures´ latest adrenalin pumping activity!
Bull sharks are usually found in warm, shallow waters along coasts and in rivers. And while the most famous bull shark dives are in Fiji, our new Discovery bull shark diving encounter is way more accessible and far cheaper. And when it comes to bull shark dive season in Playa del Carmen, Discovery Bull Shark Diving by Maroma Adventures is the only company you want to dive with.
Mexico is a country with a natural wealth out of the ordinary. One of the best attractions is its marine fauna and flora, for instance. As a result, every year, hundreds of thousands of tourists visit the shores of the Mexican Caribbean to practice different oceanic activities. Above all shark diving is one of the most popular activities you can enjoy in Playa del Carmen.
Safety procedures and Protocols
Firstly, bull shark diving is undoubtedly one of the most exciting activities on the planet. Secondly, it is widely acknowledged that these alpha predators are amongst the deadliest sharks in the ocean. However you will be completely safe at Maroma Adventures. Our safety procedures and protocols are observed at all times.
- It is imperative that you wear a full wetsuit to go shark diving.
- You must stay together with the other divers in a line and away from the shark feeder.
- Likewise, you cannot swim wherever you want or swim around the shark.
- Divers must stay calm and still throughout the tour.
- Cameras and GoPros are permitted.
In conclusion, bull shark diving is an unparalleled experience. Therefore don´t miss this opportunity to learn about the social behavior of one of the ocean´s most misunderstood predators.
“The best way to observe a fish is to become a fish.” Jacques Cousteau
• 128 USD per diver.
• For advanced, certified divers only.
• Diving and bull shark watching.
• Location: Playa del Carmen North.
• Duration: 2.5 h aprox.
• Starting at: 8:30 a.m.
• Monday to Saturday from November 14th to late February.
*May vary due to climate changes.
General information about the Discovery Bull Shark Diving Tour
• Avoid consuming alcohol 12 hours before diving.
• Similarly, do not eat 2 hours before diving.
• For the sake of the reef, avoid creams, makeup, lotions or sun-screen
• Mandatory wet-suit. (Included)
• This activity is certainly not recommended for people with heart or pulmonary disease, hypertension, back problems, sinusitis, asthma, recent surgery, disability or pregnancy.
• Minimum age requirement is 15+
• Groups of maximum 6 divers.
• Diving kit and GPS
• Snacks and non-alcoholic drinks
• Bilingual guide
• Reef tax: 2usd
• Shark conservation fee: 5usd
• Tips: At diver´s discretion
*We depart from Cancun: Playa del Carmen or Maya Riviera
*Pick ups from Cozumel leave from: Plaza Playacar or Gran Porto Real hotel.
*Pick up point from Playa del Carmen: Plaza Playacar.